Friday, September 19, 2008

Facebook vs. Face-to-Face

I've spent quite a bit of time on Facebook during the past two weeks. A late bloomer to this particular social networking platform, I've connected with friends from almost every era of my life. It's like one-stop-shopping; almost everyone I care about is right there on the same page, an email, comment box or chat stroke away. It is helping me to feel more connected, which is important because I'm still getting settled in Middle Tennessee after leaving Florida behind.

And yet, there's still nothing like sitting across the table in a coffee shop or bookstore from a good friend, looking them in the eye. The virtual world makes staying in touch amazingly possible beyond what I could have dreamt up, but in the end we all hunger to be known up close and personally. I have started building new face-to-face relationships in this area, and am excited by the possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home