Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blue Like Jazz

I'm finally reading this really cool book called Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller. It's one of those books that has been on the periphery for me for a couple of years, and for whatever reason this week was the right time to go ahead and buy it.

Basically, I resonate with nearly the entire work. Miller is passionate about Jesus but doesn't care much for most of what passes itself off as Christianity. I've felt the same way for quite some time, which has led to much frustration given the fact that I've been deeply immersed at times as a "professional" Christian in a major denomination. So now I need to read his other books. And get back to marketing the proposal for my own completed spiritual memoir, and get back to writing the second part of said memoir.

Basically, I need to get back to writing. Every day. Something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home