Monday, February 09, 2009

Cottage Inn, the Next Generation

I am sitting in a hotel lobby in Novi, Michigan, waiting for a pizza to arrive from the local Cottage Inn restaurant.

This is a special moment. Twenty years have pass since I last ate from the pie with simply the most tasty crust ever. I have guarded optimism. Will it taste the same? Will it meet my expectations? Can I truly go home again?

Much has happened in the past 20 years. The last time I set foot in the Detroit area, my brother Frank was still a graduate student at the University of Michigan. I would visit him on occasion, and we would take in local music and eateries and roam about the campus. I was a student at Florida State, had long hair with not a speck of gray and my whole life and career ahead of me still. I was starting to write screenplays. I had not yet met my wife and could not even begin to imagine my children.

Hang on. The pizza just arrived!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home