Thursday, January 22, 2009

Words From the Coach

"Our goal every year is to win a national championship." These inspiring words from Tennessee Lady Vols Coach Pat Summitt to a group of T-Mobile USA employees got my blood pumping yesterday. It gave me a nice emotional lift during what has been kind of a downer of a month.

Summitt's passion, forged by the experience of leading numerous women's basketball teams to NCAA titles, helped spur me to desire to "win a championship" every day in my faith, work, in my writing, in my relationships, in my health. To give it my all and hold nothing back.

Now the fun part, figuring out what that looks like! Or perhaps the wiser step is getting out of my own way and allowing the Spirit to play the game with and through me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home