Thursday, August 23, 2007

Speaking in Frisco This November

In the middle of November I will be making my first trip to California, conducting a workshop in San Francisco at Linkage Inc.'s Best of Talent Management Summit. My topic will be "Empowering the Emerging Organizational Heroes," focused on how to synergize mentoring and coaching of promising young leaders in order to get them ready to succeed the current leadership of their organizations.

As usual, I will be tapping into images and metaphors from mythology and the humanities to emphasize my points of teaching and facilitation. I hope to help my Organizational Development colleagues from across the country create a sense of story and passion, around the manner and methods in which we partner with leaders at all levels.

So I have heard wonderful things about San Francisco's culinary delights, architecture, and arts. Does anyone with experience in this great city have any suggestions for places to visit in between sessions? Thanks in advance.


Technorati Tags:

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

I've been to SF twice and loved it. Fisherman's Wharf, and Pier 39 in particular, is a good diversion. It has good street performers and sea lions frolicking on the docks. Chinatown is a great place to walk around and have a meal. The Coit tower has a great view of the city. The Golden Gate Bridge is well worth seeing up close. There is a park on the south side with a great view. Just north of SF is Muir Woods, which offers easy access to giant redwoods. good luck and have fun.

Dave

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home