Thursday, June 05, 2008

Post-Ordination Spiritual Mile High

My computer crashed around the time I was in Florida last week for my ordination with The United Methodist Church, preventing me from "reflecting" immediately in the blogosphere. Perhaps that was just as well, for it took a couple of days for the larger impact of the event to rise to the surface of my heart and mind.

The sense of awe and wonder struck me as I was relaxing on a long flight from Central Florida to San Diego to attend a conference. I found myself journaling page after page, a strong desire to live a better life in all regards the common thread across my scribbling. In essence the journey through the air was a re-dedication to the things of God, to balance my intellectual faith pursuits with the core of my being and the behavior that flows forward as a result.

The biggest challenge, of course, is transforming such inspiration to execution upon returning to the ground, where the context, people and challenges of my routines present all of the familiar emotions.

I have so much more I want to say here, so many other things I need to write based on all of the personal and professional epiphanies that knocked on my door during my week away from the grind. But the jet lag wiped me out this week, and although the spirit is willing the fingers are weak. I shall return...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home