Friday, May 23, 2008

God in the Marketplace

I am less than a week away from being ordained as a deacon in full connection with The United Methodist Church. The other night at work I had a reminder of my calling, of my passion to be a positive, spiritual light in corporate America, when a fellow manager asked me to pray for her son. Right there, on the spot, in the middle of the action. Eyes opened, looking at her, I prayed for her and her son as her eyes welled with tears. This is marketplace ministry indeed!

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Blogger Rebecca M said...

I think it is also a beautiful reminder of ever-present humanity--how we seek each other out, even in the most unlikely of contexts.

I'm sure it was a very powerful experience for you both.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home