Friday, December 29, 2006

A Time to Write, Confirmed!

Well, to refer to a couple of posts back and my desire to find more regular time to write...

Yesterday my wonderful boss, Mary, approached me with an unexpected gift! Mary regularly affirms and encourages my "on-the-side" writing, and offered to let me work a more flexible corporate world schedule in order to have a dedicated day of each week to do it. Hence, I will on most weeks work the popular "four 10s," as in 10 hours per day, four days per week, and take one day--such as Friday!--off in order to do whatever I want!

This is good on both the writing and the family fronts. For many years I've maintained a full-time job while doing quite a bit of freelancing on the side. I've worked these writing episodes in whenever possible--lunchtimes, evenings, weekends--and since having kids those weekend hours with the laptop at the coffeeshop have proved more difficult to maneuver. So, I will have a dedicated day to write (Praise God from whom all blessings flow, or what?) and a full weekend to spend with the family. Plus, hopefully fewer late nights staring bleary-eyed at the computer screen or doing a telephone interview that doesn't start until 9 p.m., when this morning person is usually winding down for slumber.

Now you might say, "10-hour days, ick!" This is true. But I'm already basically working 9 hour days, since I come in about 8, eat lunch at my desk while working and leave at 5. So what's another 60 minutes squeezed in here and there each day, in order to face a glorious day at the coffee shop where I divvy my time between book projects, freelance articles and marketing copy...and just plain thinking?

Mary must have been reading my mind, because during the week or so I had off for the holidays I did a lot of brainstorming on how to take my writing to the next level. I plan to be more pro-active about proposing story and article ideas rather than reacting to assignments that are given to me--which requires a bit of pre-planning, which requires, of course, time! Plus, I've re-tooled an outline for the memoir project I referenced in one of my first blog posts, taking the manuscript into a new direction that incorporates some of the memoir approach while serving as a teaching tool for other persons--like myself--who have struggled to find that vocational fit.

So let 2007 begin, and let it involve lots of well-chosen words!

6 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome news. Leif would 4-10 it if he could! So what ever happened with those family Christmas gifts??? Did they even arrive with all the postal delays due to weather?

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger John Michael De Marco said...

Well, I'm not sure if my re-sent gift ever made it to Cleveland, but nothing from Seattle via Cleveland has arrived in Central Florida as of yet! I guess I need to give my niece a call...

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Marcia Ford said...

Aren't you glad you work for a company that understands the need for flexibility? If I worked for someone else, I'd sure want a 10-hour, 4-day gig. Happy writing!

 
At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://yrohoreg.lookseekpages.com/ofegogu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

 
At 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://lagulosuqu.the-best-free-web-hosting.com/bufemuv.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

 
At 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home