Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Time to Write

I managed to chisel out regular chunks of time earlier this year at a nearby coffeeshop to work on the memoir project I discussed in one of my first blogs.

Nowadays, I'm sensing the desire and need to become savvy again about barricading consistent chunks to focus on, 1. revamping the memoir project into a teaching tool type of book that looks at vocation through the lens of my journey; and 2. working on some new fiction. I would like a dedicated time slot for each of these two ventures, as I thrive on structure!

The challenge is what else to give up from my crowded schedule, not to be overdramatic. I love to write in the early morning hours--typically, the only hours I have because of full-time work obligations and family obligations. My tendency has been to use that time to exercise, which I value just as much as writing.

So my fun task at hand now is to balance all of this. I usually go to the gym at 5:30 a.m. on M-W-F...so, I'm thinking, transfer at least one of those sweat sessions to the weekend and claim that early morning time for a cup of green tea at the nearby Starbucks with the laptop. And then I'll still need one more early session from somewhere, somehow...

Anyone feel like petitioning Congress for an eighth day so I can get my writing done?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home